Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

dns_probe_finished and loss of connection with Broadcom WiFi

Need help with peripherals or devices?
CharlieRAnimaMX

dns_probe_finished and loss of connection with Broadcom WiFi

#1 Post by CharlieRAnimaMX »

Hello Team, Today I bring you another classic error with the Brodcom Wifi cards.
I have an HP14am007la, with Broadcom Network Card: Model BCM943142Y.
It is not detected natively by debian so the only way to make it work is with debian WL packages

I did not find information for the model in debian support, but lspci returns: 02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)
What if it is on the list of supported devices.

- Using the -wl drivers or bcm43xx
The network works well but The problem comes when after a certain time of use the network is still connected but loses connectivity.
So the only way to use the network is to disconnect and reconnect it manually (Something that happens approximately every 20 to 30 minutes), using Google Chrome constantly sends me errors: dns_probe_finished_no_internet (after disconnecting and reconnecting so I must insist on refreshing the page several times until it connects normally).

-I do not have DNS errors, both in modem and in configurations I have the DNS of cloudflare and google set and it only causes me problems in debian, my phone with android and other pc with ubuntu work normally.

As I read in the debian wiki, the connection losses could be due to the energy saving settings (But it is not clear how to configure or verify it)

Is there a way to prevent debian from "disconnecting" the network or secondary drivers that are not causing as many problems? previously i used Ubuntu but i switched to debian for 3 months, so i know my card should be compatible with linux

Screenshots [installed Broadcom Packages]:https://photos.app.goo.gl/5FH43sdZNRWTVaca7
and Broadcom Chip Info: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y3xo267L5uMkKC1b8

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: dns_probe_finished and loss of connection with Broadcom

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang