Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

acpi support in laptop

Need help with peripherals or devices?
ilias

acpi support in laptop

#1 Post by ilias »

Hello All,
I have a Compaq evo n620c and i have installed the latest debian sarge. I also installed all relevant acpi packages but there are a couple of problems.
1. Although I have an Intel Pentium M processor the clock frequency is not dispalyed as variable.
2. There is no hibernate or stanby support
3. The fan is coninuously moving (lots of noise)
What can I do.??

Other problems... I manually edited the XF86Config-4 file to support my synaptics touchpad. Now the pointer (IBM Thinkpad style) is not working, and i guess that if i add an external mouse it will also not work. The settings of interest in the x configuration file are:
input device
device "dev/psaux"
protocol "auto-dev"
What should I add to support multiple mice?

thanks.
elias

ilias

ACPI-1133: *** Error: Method execution failed

#2 Post by ilias »

I have loaded all modules including:
thermal.ko
fan.ko
processor.ko
button.ko
ac.ko
battery.ko
and the following error popped up in terminal tty6:

ACPI-1133: *** Error: Method execution failed [_TZ_.C202] (Node cfb512a0), AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
ACPI-1133: *** Error: Method execution failed [_TZ_.C202C._STA] (Node cfb51ee0), AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE

If anyone understands what might be getting wrong, I would appreciate any kind of feedback.
ilias