Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HELP! - Noob

Need help with peripherals or devices?
WarlockOmega

HELP! - Noob

#1 Post by WarlockOmega »

I have Sarge installed on my HP Omnibook 6000. I have an external Hardrive connected to a pcmcia - ide card.
I think it sees it as HDA5? How can I get sarge to mount it? What is the full command? :cry:

dawgie

Re: HELP! - Noob

#2 Post by dawgie »

WarlockOmega wrote:I have Sarge installed on my HP Omnibook 6000. I have an external Hardrive connected to a pcmcia - ide card.
I think it sees it as HDA5? How can I get sarge to mount it? What is the full command? :cry:
/dev/hda is usually the 1st ide drive.
Try to list the partition table of the drive with fdisk to find its name:
#fdisk -l /dev/hd[a-e]
Create a directory to mount the partition under:
#mkdir /mnt/xdrive
Mount the drive:
#mount -t fstype /dev/hdXX /mnt/xdrive
Where fstype is the filesystem type like vfat,ext3,etc and XX is the drive letter and number of the partition.

What is the filesystem on the external drive? What other drives do you have? What does your /etc/fstab file have for content?

Have you tried using Gnome? There may be an icon for the drive in Gnome if you click on the "computer" desktop icon.