Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New NVidia drivers

Need help with peripherals or devices?
MarkvD

New NVidia drivers

#1 Post by MarkvD »

#2 Post by Guest »

I think the package was released the same day!! :wink:

casull

#3 Post by casull »

okay, I am a total linux/debian newbie and I recently installed libranet. Similarly to other versions of debian, libranet doesn't come with a driver that works with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe onboard lan device. The reason I am using libranet as opposed to regular debian is because X is much easier to setup. BWT, i had to use a generic video driver to get X to work with libranet.
Anyway, I need to find the best way to implement a newer lan driver. I'm assuming I should download the latest driver as mentioned by root, but then how do i compile and patch the driver to my system?
Thanks!

mark

#4 Post by mark »

tobin

compilation blues

#5 Post by tobin »

I've been having some trouble with compiling a working kernel interface.

I'm running the 2.6.8 kernel and hace it's sources how ever for some reason the compilation fails.

next to the sources from kernel.org i also have the debian package installed. kernel-source-2.6.8 and the acompanying header package.

Has any one got any tips? the installer doesn't seem to like the kernerl sources path or the include path i provide.
( i can't recall them right now and my mashiene is switched off so i can't check.)

thnx T.