Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installed new CD Rom Burner

Need help with peripherals or devices?

Installed new CD Rom Burner

#1 Post by Guest »

I have a currently installed Debian system that was installed with a generic CD-ROM. I replaced it with a CDR hoping to use mondo to create a backup image. Does Debian automatically recognize the new CD rom, and will it recognize that it has burning capability? If not, what steps do I have to complete? On a tangential note, does mondo span CDs? My system is roughly 1.8G

Thanks

Steve

#2 Post by Guest »

Debian would definitely recognize a CDRW that has burning capability.

I doubt that Debian will ever recognize that a CD rom has burning capability. CD Roms are supposed to read only. Try with a CDRW.

On a perpendicular answer, what's mondo? Is it the disaster recovery suite for Linux and Windows? What do you mean by span?

geoffb

#3 Post by geoffb »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:On a tangential note, does mondo span CDs? My system is roughly 1.8G
On a perpendicular answer, what's mondo? Is it the disaster recovery suite for Linux and Windows? What do you mean by span?
I think he wants to know if the image files (to be burned to CD) can be broken up (in this case, into 3 separate files).