Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ALSA and Audigy - no line in and mic

Need help with peripherals or devices?
gaubitzer

ALSA and Audigy - no line in and mic

#1 Post by gaubitzer »

After dist-upgrading my system some weeks ago I am not able to get sound from my TV-card using line in from my Soundblaster Audigy Player card.

First I wasn't sure if this was because of the TV card (Terratec Cinergy 400) or the Soundcard.
But after trying with a microphone on both line in and microphone input I am sure that there is something wrong with the ALSA configuration.
Also capturing of sound directly from the TV-card (/dev/dsp) works.

Looking at the different config files (which weren't changed at update) I got no hint. Using different mixers like alsamixer, aumix, kamix gave no result.
It is also the same whether I use alsa-base or not.
Using either my old kernel 2.6.8 or a new 2.6.12 has no effect (tried because of devfs->udev transition).
Now I have no clue what to do next.

If there is somebody who knows where to start looking (debugging) I would be thankful

Erwin