Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

12" iBook

Need help with peripherals or devices?

12" iBook

#1 Post by Guest »

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Debian, and somewhat new to Linux. I have an iBook I got not too long ago and decided I would try Linux on it. Mepis, my faviorite distro, does not have a PowerPC distrobution, so I thought this would be a good time fro Debian.

I got it all installed last night and its working(sort of). I was surprised to see my Airport card working, and I installed everything through that. All went well until I restarted.
My 2 problems:

1. Resolution is screwed up. The LCD sceren in 1024*768, but the Gnome tool and KDE contorl center both tell me I can only go up to 800*600. How can I get it to 1024*768?

2. Is there a way to simulate right clicking with my 1 button mouse pad(iBook, remember?)? Something like holding down the options key and clicking would be ideal.

Thanks for all your help!

geoffb

Re: 12" iBook

#2 Post by geoffb »

Anonymous wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm new to Debian, and somewhat new to Linux. I have an iBook I got not too long ago and decided I would try Linux on it. Mepis, my faviorite distro, does not have a PowerPC distrobution, so I thought this would be a good time fro Debian.

I got it all installed last night and its working(sort of). I was surprised to see my Airport card working, and I installed everything through that. All went well until I restarted.
My 2 problems:

1. Resolution is screwed up. The LCD sceren in 1024*768, but the Gnome tool and KDE contorl center both tell me I can only go up to 800*600. How can I get it to 1024*768?

2. Is there a way to simulate right clicking with my 1 button mouse pad(iBook, remember?)? Something like holding down the options key and clicking would be ideal.

Thanks for all your help!
Perhaps take a look at http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/ibook22.html; it's a bit old, but should still hold true.