Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Amd Kernel and Ndiswrapper for wireless use

Need help with peripherals or devices?
TitanicX

Amd Kernel and Ndiswrapper for wireless use

#1 Post by TitanicX »

I recently took up the challange to get my wireless working on my HP laptop. The issue I am running into is the fact that I have upgraded to the 2.6.12-1-k7 kernel in order to get all of my hardware running optimally (the 386 kernel killed most of my system) I have a HP zv5000, AMD 64 3000+, with the Broadcom wireless. The driver from windows is the bcmwl5.sys. the problem I am running into is that I cannot find a version of the ndiswrapper that will run with my kernel! I have downloaded the ndiswrapper-source package and now I need any instructions on compiling it with my kernel since I have not done this before. Any instruction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TitanicX

Update

#2 Post by TitanicX »

Just an FYI, I have been able to figure alot of this out so far in the last several hours. The only thing that I am now having troubles with is the fact that I cannot find the kernel source for the 2.6.12-1-k7 kernel. Has anyone else been able to get this to work? Anyone? 8)

Demetrius

#3 Post by Demetrius »

There isn't a different source package for each build. Just apt-get install linux-tree-2.6.12. That will get the source package and any Debian patches to the source.