Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian on MS1 RS480M2 M/B

Need help with peripherals or devices?
sadhu

Debian on MS1 RS480M2 M/B

#1 Post by sadhu »

Hi,

I am trying to install debian from a DVD burned from the iso debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso on a AMD athelon 64 system on MSI RS480M2 motherboard. The system has SATA hard disks.

The installer reports no hard disk found. But the system boots from a Knoppix 4.0 live DVD and shows the SATA hard disks.

Can any one please help me out?

Thanks

sadhu

lestoil

debian on new sata mob

#2 Post by lestoil »

Best thing you can do is print out all the specs for the mob-to figure out what drivers,modules,etal you would need. Since the latest genttoo is difficult to install and several others failed with etch attempts(according to your mob reviews),I would suggest a try with kanotix2005-04 or latest knoppix or debian sid(with netinstall or just using the 1st install cd).
If kanotix,based on etch/sid with 2.6.14x kernel works then you would have a kernel config and xorg.conf file to use for any attempt at kernel compile/system config. on future install. Good luck.