Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NV Sata error

Need help with peripherals or devices?
goldenrose

NV Sata error

#1 Post by goldenrose »

Hello friends,
newly I installed debian 3.1 (DVDversion) with 2.6 kernel (linux2.6).
HDD: MAXTOR 160GB SATAI
NF3 chipset
DFI MB

Everything goes well but after installation when I selected debain from Grub loader for setting other config it gets me alot of NV SATA ERROR.

It's says something like this:

NV SATA ERROR primary detected
'' '' '' '' not detected

I got this error one after another and I couldn't able to complete the installation.
I tried to install debain with 2.4 kernel but when I click for finishing the Partitioning section I get a new error "The root file is not defined"

I searched alot in forums and internet but after all I don't know what to do with this problem.

May some one help meto get rid of this problem?
Can I upgrade to 2.6.12 kernel in this state?
or is there some command or config which can help me?

Thanks in advance :) :( :oops:

CuCullin

#2 Post by CuCullin »

You may need to use etch/testing; I believe the sata_nv driver has issues on sarge, I remember seeing this somewhere on an nforce forum.

#3 Post by Guest »

CuCullin wrote:You may need to use etch/testing; I believe the sata_nv driver has issues on sarge, I remember seeing this somewhere on an nforce forum.
Thanks
But what is the etch/testing?
:(
Sorry Iam a newbie.

CuCullin

#4 Post by CuCullin »

Anonymous wrote:
CuCullin wrote:You may need to use etch/testing; I believe the sata_nv driver has issues on sarge, I remember seeing this somewhere on an nforce forum.
Thanks
But what is the etch/testing?
:(
Sorry Iam a newbie.
Debian 3.1 is Sarge, the stable release. Etch is the upcoming release, also known as testing. You can find out more about the different releases here:

http://www.us.debian.org/releases/

#5 Post by Guest »

I couldn't get the new version :(
I bought Debain DVDs :(

you mean I can't use debain after all this installation and reading I had?
:((

goldenrose

#6 Post by goldenrose »

I installed it with 2.4 kernel and HD problem solved!

but I have another problem after runing debian it will suddenly turn off my monitor.
this happen when it get this line: strating Gnome...

I have LCD mon and I choose LCD in instalation.