Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

Getting your soundcard to work, using Debian on non-i386 hardware, etc

Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

Postby Rolandmaffia » 2010-10-08 06:26

hello all!

I have a question about printing with linux. I'm a root of a small office. We want to change to linux from M$, but we have some HW problem. I've tried with Ubuntu liveCD, and I looked up our main printer(we have 2 other supported HP printers, they works fine), but it seems to have no driver support.
The manufacturer included the M$ driver CDs, but it only contrains GDI & PCL drivers(you can find here: http://download.konicaminolta.hk/bt/eng ... ntent.html with bizhub 211 / 163 Drivers header), what is supported only by M$ printing systems. This printer has scanner[TWAIN](then copier), fax, print function; it can be managed via IP, because we can connect it to a local swith/router with an UTP cable.

My questions are:
-How can I manage to work it with linux based systems?
-May I look for a linux server with virtual M$ OS with some other (haxed) printng tecnology? But how?
-Someone can write a postscript driver for this model? (The printig part[duplex support is necessary] is enough at first)

Thanks your anwsers!
Rolandmaffia

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

Postby craigevil » 2010-10-08 07:07

Try looking up the printer on http://www.openprinting.org/printers

If it isn't listed chances are it isn't supported.
Debian Sid KDE 4.8 Kernel 3.7 Thinkpad R40 Intel M 1.3 CPU 2GB RAM Radeon Mobility 7500
Debian - "If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
Giant Debian sources.list | Debian upgrade script smxi | sysinfo script inxi
craigevil

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

Postby Rolandmaffia » 2010-10-08 07:19

Thanks for the anwser, our printer isnt in the list, so I think it isnt supported, I try to write there too.
Any other suggestions? Anwsers?

Thanks!
Rolandmaffia

Return to Hardware