Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Motherboard with IPMI support

Need help with peripherals or devices?
jlesquembre

Motherboard with IPMI support

#1 Post by jlesquembre »

Hello,

Has anyone experience with supermicro X7SPA-HF motherboard? I want to build a server, and this has IPMI support. I never want to connect a keyboard nor screen to the server. As far as I know, should be possible, but would be great if anyone can tell me about his experience installing and manage the system over the network. I only have a laptop, and I want to be sure that is possible manage the server 100% over the network.
I think the motherboard is 100% compatible with Debian, but I prefer listen the experience of other people.

By the way, if finally I buy the server, I want to try the glusterFS, but only supports a x86-64 architecture. Since the processor is a Atom D510, I hope this is ok, isn't it?
If you think that other motherboard would be better, let me know it.

Thanks.