Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Lenovo Touchscreen calibration

Need help with peripherals or devices?
rdonnelly

Re: Lenovo Touchscreen calibration

#16 Post by rdonnelly »

mzilikazi wrote:
rdonnelly wrote:
Do you really use the touchscreen, or is it just a novelty?
I actually have nearly 100 of these nifty little ELO screens deployed and driven by WYSE thin clients running Slackware Linux. The interface only consists of a few large buttons and there is no possibility for the end user to launch any applications or even get to a command prompt (virtual terminal). The device is used to control electronic signage via Xbee radios. We are using ELO's utility to calibrate the screens but it's only for kernel version 2.6.24 or older. I had been meaning to test the ELO on a laptop as well however and just never got around to it. Perhaps we'll move forward with this configuration utility in the next version of our application.

As for the application failure - I would have to defer to the developers at this point. There is a bug tracker/issues page:

https://github.com/tias/xinput_calibrator/issues
So, you think it may be a bug?

I am able to use the Elo Touch in Oracle Virtual Machine with a Windoze 7 guest.
Thanks for all your help and education, I think I will let this problem ride for a while until I see an update in the update notification.
The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64 Gnome
The Hardware: 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
The Name: Bob

mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

#17 Post by mzilikazi »

rdonnelly wrote:
So, you think it may be a bug?

I am able to use the Elo Touch in Oracle Virtual Machine with a Windoze 7 guest.
Thanks for all your help and education, I think I will let this problem ride for a while until I see an update in the update notification.
I don't know that it's a bug but that is the only place I've seen that would resemble some sort of support forum. As for the update notification - if it didn't come from a Debian repository you won't get a notification. That's not to say that you cannot track the development and build the latest version though. :)
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

rdonnelly

#18 Post by rdonnelly »

mzilikazi wrote: I don't know that it's a bug but that is the only place I've seen that would resemble some sort of support forum. As for the update notification - if it didn't come from a Debian repository you won't get a notification. That's not to say that you cannot track the development and build the latest version though. :)
Thanks, I will give it a go there, if I get it working I will report back with the findings.
The Hardware: 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz

rdonnelly

#19 Post by rdonnelly »

As I said in a previous post, I am only able to hit the first crosshair in calibration. I found out today, my mouse can hit all 4. It seems the mouse is getting priority over the touchscreen?

mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

#20 Post by mzilikazi »

rdonnelly wrote:As I said in a previous post, I am only able to hit the first crosshair in calibration. I found out today, my mouse can hit all 4. It seems the mouse is getting priority over the touchscreen?
I noticed this in an earlier post
Calibrating EVDEV driver for "Elo TouchSystems Elo TouchSystems 2515 IntelliTouch Plus USB Touchmonitor" id=11
current calibration values (from XInput): min_x=0, max_x=4095 and min_y=0, max_y=4095
Your screen is getting calibration values from somewhere. Xinput yes but where does it get the values from exactly?
At the moment I'm nowhere near a touchscreen and don't really have a way of looking into that.
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G