how create a C# interface for two virtual machines

Need help with C, C++, perl, python, etc?

Re: how create a C# interface for two virtual machines

Postby arochester » 2019-09-25 13:08

Homework? Assignment? Paid job?

Why do you want to do this?
arochester

Postby Dai_trying » 2019-09-25 19:47

If it were me I would find the cli command to do what you want (start/stop VM's or issue command using ssh maybe) and then you could create a GUI easily using the language of your choice (my preference is Python as it is easy to get started) and then use the cli commands (in python something like subprocess.check_call(['command', 'parameter1', 'parameter2']) ) I would guess there will be some framework to execute a bash command in C# but I do not have much knowledge so could not provide any example.

This might not be the best way to go about doing this but it is what I would try.
Dai_trying

Postby smithclarkson001 » 2019-10-01 19:38

well, this seems cool....do let us know if u are able to do the task...would like to try it as well.....!!! :)
smithclarkson001

Postby neuraleskimo » 2019-10-03 18:06

Not C#, but you might consider Ansible (or similar orchestration tool). Ansible, for example, supports several hypervisors and cloud providers. Then write a GUI if you must that uses your Ansible script. This would decouple your GUI, the API (term used loosely) used to launch VMs, and where the VMs run (e.g., locally versus AWS, GCP, ...).
neuraleskimo

Return to Programming