Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Running into old Bug in Python3.2.3 - Workaround?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
kereberos

Running into old Bug in Python3.2.3 - Workaround?

#1 Post by kereberos »

Hi

I've to deploy a django app in which i create som reports usng relatorio. When creating a report, i run into this Bug:
http://bugs.python.org/issue16012

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Found in version python3.2/3.2.3-7
Fixed in version python3.2/3.2.4-1

Since this Bug is fixed for over a year, i wonder why this patch did not make it's way to stable yet.

I cannot find a backport for this package and i am therefore looking for a workaround. The Server i use is Hostet by OVH with Debain 7 Weezy installed.

Any sugestions on how i could get this to work without the need to change the operating system? Could i maybe install the Debian Sid Package?

EDIT:
I managed to get it to work by editing the python file issuing False as default parameter. This is a hack and could cause other problems. It works for know, but a real solution is still very welcome.

dgrey

Re: Running into old Bug in Python3.2.3 - Workaround?

#2 Post by dgrey »

What is stopping you from downloading and installing Python 3.4.2 from python.org?
"Try looking past of what you can see"
Computer Forensic Expert

dgrey

Re: Running into old Bug in Python3.2.3 - Workaround?

#3 Post by dgrey »

I forgot to mention, that if you want to be on a very very very safe side, install the latest version of python and use

Code: Select all

virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python{your version}
to tell the script/app/etc to run with a particular version of python.
"Try looking past of what you can see"
Computer Forensic Expert