Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Intel Fortan

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
gillbates

Intel Fortan

#1 Post by gillbates »

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have been active in ubuntuforums and recently installed Debian Etch on all my systems. A university student.

I have had lots of trouble getting the wireless up and running on my TP 42. Ipw2200 card. fglrx is still not working. Havent spent much time on it yet... Radeon 9600 on it.

Anyway, Has anyone successfully installed Inter Fortran compiler in Debian? I had in Ubuntu. I no longer use Ubuntu. So just wondering if its the same process or not. I don't want to break my system. I thot good to know before I try. :)

Thanks

thamarok

#2 Post by thamarok »

Debian is known for breaking easily, isn't it ;)
Well, I don't know what you did to get it to work in Ubuntu, but this HOWTO seems to also work on Debian:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89571

EDIT: And probably an even easier method:
http://www.gfd-dennou.org/library/gtool4/debian.htm.en
Even though they provide Sarge debs, I'm 100% sure they will work with Etch harmlessly.

gillbates

#3 Post by gillbates »

thank you. i followed the ubuntu-howto to install ifort in ubuntu.
The second link, is there already a deb version for ifort?

i have another concern. I have amd64 system and i installed testing/etch 32 bit. (the 64bit boot CD just hanged during installation.)

So will it work if I download gt4f90io-ifc9_20070116_i386.deb from here?
http://www.gfd-dennou.org/library/gtool ... fc9/sarge/

thanks

thamarok

#4 Post by thamarok »

I think it will work.. because I haven't tested it. Try your luck and see if it works.

gillbates

#5 Post by gillbates »

thanks...i used the intel sh script to install on to my 32 bit and its ok.

now i have a 64b AMD system...and it seems they (intel) dont have a package for it :(

blue penquin

#6 Post by blue penquin »

gillbates wrote:thanks...i used the intel sh script to install on to my 32 bit and its ok.

now i have a 64b AMD system...and it seems they (intel) dont have a package for it :(
Well I'm waiting....waiting...and still...waiting....what is the final outcome of the saga? Did you get the FORTRAN installed and running on your AMD System?
Regards

blue penguin

gillbates

#7 Post by gillbates »

no... there is no amd 64 version from 'intel'..... :roll: so i installed gfortran for the time being...may be will try something else...