Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sending ethernet frame payload to server

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Lauris_k

Sending ethernet frame payload to server

#1 Post by Lauris_k »

Hello,

How can I send already encapsulated Ethernet frame payload to server? Basically what I would like to do is to is route Ethernet packages I get from other peripherals to their needed destinations and packets I receive send to requested device on peripheral. Program will be running on BeagleBone Black with Debian OS. Steps program should do from my point of view:
  • # <IPv6<UDP<DATA>>> packet received on some peripheral (UART in exact case) sent to server requested by <IPv6> destination address field
    • # <IPv6<UDP<DATA>>> packet need to be sent to server that server application would receive <DATA> extracted from IPv6 and UDP encapsulation
    • # <IPv6<UDP<DATA>>> packet need to be sent to server that server would know that device which is requested is available in BBB local network
  • # <IPv6<UDP<DATA>>> packet received from server would be sent to requested device
From what I already found out I need to add routing header to packet I want to send and pass it to MAC encapsulation layer, or there is service which can add routing header and pass to other layers for me?

Also how can I get data sent from server, since if I'm not very wrong, system should receive them also encapsulated in Routing header, not as RAW data payload

Can someone point me right direction how can I make functionality I need to work?

Thank you in advance.

Laurynas