Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HELP - need to trace BROKEN LIB files ; GLIBC2.x not ....

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
slackguy

HELP - need to trace BROKEN LIB files ; GLIBC2.x not ....

#1 Post by slackguy »

the usual answer is debian's ldd(1)

and i found broken things due to past lib abuses i previsouly hadn't undstood i'd did - or rather hadn't realized because by looking it "looked ok and worked" - but i had problems. many i fixed. after i ran a new script: it showed some i'd STILL missed after carefully re-doing /lib by hand (and using /var/lib/dpkg/info/libs.list to help)

i just made something that might be nice. seems to be the only thing that does it. but its' small and quick and has (tty/stdout) output still.

the had part isn't finding info, objdump(1) does that wonderfuly : it's using it

slackguy

Re: HELP - need to trace BROKEN LIB files ; GLIBC2.x not ...

#2 Post by slackguy »

on Debian linux, all files installed by wonderful pkg-depends knowing dpkg(1) keeps list of all installed files in /var/lib/dpkg/info/pkgnames.list

one can use (awk) to check that ONLY LIBS dpg installed are in libs dirs. anything else and ldconfig(1) may use it instead - and anything dpkg(1) didn't install might not be complete (may have missing lib files not on system)

(or not at least not on the path /etc/ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

(if you use the bash env you can change the order and sight of which libs ld.so loads: you can test libs by putting a set in an experimental directory and applying LD_LIBRARY_PATH to just that shell - that way if the lib set is broken: you only loose one terminal and do not need a rescue disk !!)

slackguy

#3 Post by slackguy »

this is NEW . not ldd, does things very differently

should show total dependancy table of what ldconfig(1) will load (or has already loaded) and show which libs are NOT_FOUND (ie, no version or file) and then also what is effected. jury is still out if it's information is "better" - too new - but it defnitely shows things ldd doesn't, and quick, and shell compatible: and for input it gets, kinda high tech.

http://sourceforge.net/p/dep-trace/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep-trace/files/libdeps

try it, enjoy. it's very new so don't say i didn't tell you. it did just find some things below i didn't know about my lib system - i'm just about to go fix that.
libdeps objdump -h

(dep-trace is needed, depsort script too, are the the URL ^^. libdeps uses objdump(1) -> dt -> makes a table of each and all deps+rdeps, formats/markup, shows - quickly)

Experimental - see help libdeps [objdump | ldd] [-l | file] -l use find *.so is used on ldconfig dirs file one file.so per line snip...
libdeps objdump -d

LIBTABLE

ld-linux.so.2(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.3)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)(file)

ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.3)(file)

libBrokenLocale.so.1(file)

snip ...

libc.so.6 libc.so.6(file) ld-linux.so.2 ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)

snip ...

libanl.so.1 libanl.so.1(file) ld-linux.so.2 ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) libc.so.6(GLIBC_PRIVATE) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.2) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.2) libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.1) libpthread.so.0

libnss_db.so.2 libnss_db.so.2(file) ld-linux.so.2 ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) ld-linux.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) libc.so.6(GLIBC_PRIVATE) libnss_files.so.2 libnss_files.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE) libdb3.so.3(NOT_FOUND) libdb3.so.3(DB3_2)(NOT_FOUND)

snip...

NOT_FOUND libctutils.so.0

libdb3.so.3

libdb3.so.3(DB3_2)

EFFECTED libctutils.so.0 libconsole.so.0

libdb3.so.3 libnss_db.so.2

libdb3.so.3(DB3_2) libnss_db.so.2

libconsole.so.0

libnss_db.so.2

12/04/14 21:56 -0500 Thursday, December 04, 2014, 09:56:35 PM EST
Last edited by slackguy on 2014-12-05 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

schnuller

#4 Post by schnuller »

Will you go for the next 20 posts in one hour marathon today?
In that case i will come back in two days.

slackguy

#5 Post by slackguy »