Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Lazarus Programming

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Puma Veloce

Lazarus Programming

#1 Post by Puma Veloce »

Hello everyone! :D

First of all please excuse my bad english: this is not my mother language.. :)
I just installed Lazarus on my Raspberry under Debian. It wasn't so easy but all is done.

Howaver I can't work because the editor is OK but it seems that FPC can't find some units. To make it easier I put all the units in the same directory but I don't know how to configure FPC to find this one..

Please help me! :mrgreen:

Puma Veloce

Re: Lazarus Programming

#3 Post by Puma Veloce »

Sorry, but there is no solution there: I've examine there and don't find a solution so far..

roseway

#4 Post by roseway »

You probably need to install some more fp-* packages. I don't remember the details now, but I don't think that the fpc metapackage installs all the fp-* packages which are needed by Lazarus.
Eric

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

It wasn't so easy but all is done.
Since it's in the repositories, it should be easy. This naturally brings up the question if you tried installing the repository version, or some outside method that violates the sacred writ: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
Sorry, but there is no solution there: I've examine there and don't find a solution so far..
I think was the suggestion was that you post your question there. Then after you get no response, you come back here and flatter the forum about how great and knowledgeable the members are, and if they could find the time to consider your humble petition, you'd be eternally grateful.
MX Linux packager and developer

Puma Veloce

#6 Post by Puma Veloce »

roseway wrote:You probably need to install some more fp-* packages. I don't remember the details now, but I don't think that the fpc metapackage installs all the fp-* packages which are needed by Lazarus.
Anyway, all the fp-* packages were well installed following the good method found in http://otapi.com/2015/02/10/raspberry-p ... nd-delphi/.
I can see the PPU they contain. But the compiler don't "see" them. Perhaps I have to modify something to show the compiler were this packages are.

Puma Veloce

#7 Post by Puma Veloce »

stevepusser wrote:
It wasn't so easy but all is done.
Since it's in the repositories, it should be easy. This naturally brings up the question if you tried installing the repository version, or some outside method that violates the sacred writ: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
I think was the suggestion was that you post your question there. Then after you get no response, you come back here and flatter the forum about how great and knowledgeable the members are, and if they could find the time to consider your humble petition, you'd be eternally grateful.
Perhaps you are humouristic, perhaps not. In this case I consider your response inadequate..
Of course it's easier to consider I didn't follow the good methods or search for a solution by myself. Sorry, I do programming since 1982 and I am NOT a greenhorn without any respect for other people.. :o

stevepusser

#8 Post by stevepusser »

In my first post, I asked for some critical information that you did not provide, except by linking to some blog that was quite difficult to read, with some text being very light grey on white:
This naturally brings up the question if you tried installing the repository version, or some outside method that violates the sacred writ: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
I was trying to be a bit lighter than the usual response you'd get here. Also, you neglected to point out the root of your problem in your original post, in that you are trying to use the very latest version of FPC 2.6.4, manually installed per that linked post, instead of the version in the repositories.

As you've discovered, per that wiki entry I linked to, FPC is now broken. I suggest removing it and trying the armhf version of FPC 2.6.4 in wheezy-backports. See backports.org

Apparently Otapi did not check or know about the backports repository.

Note that Lazarus 1.2.4 is the best you can get prepackaged from backports, or any version of Debian or Ubuntu. I just searched, and there's now an Ubuntu PPA with source files for 1.2.6 that can be rebuilt on Debian per https://wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA.

There's a method to cross-compile armhf packages on Intel (or any) processors using pbuilder and QEMU (again, there's a newer QEMU in backports) but it does it fairly slowly when I've done it. Probably doing a native rebuild on the Pi would be just as fast.

Puma Veloce

#9 Post by Puma Veloce »

Ok, I understand now what happened.
Probably the fact I discover Linux after years of DOS & Windows don't help me with precision in my questions.

So I tried installing Lazarus & FPC via packages proposed by Raspbian, and I get an error response "lazarus-0.9.30.4 broken". As FPC was normaly installed I thought it was "clean"..
After that - only after - I found the Otapi listing proposing man,ual installation.. and this was usable!

I'll try following your proposition: remove FPC, and install your backports version.

Thank you for your explanations! :)

stevepusser

#10 Post by stevepusser »

Yes, wheezy-backports has fpc 2.6.4 and Lazarus 1.2.2 in armhf binaries. I ported over the Lazarus 1.2.6 source from the Ubuntu PPA to i386 and amd64 just now for the MEPIS repo, but found that I had to use the latest fpc (>= 2.6.4) to build it, so I added the minimum dependencies to the build-depends field in /debian/control.

Debian allows you to have multiple versions of fpc and lazarus installed at one time, such as 2.6.0 and 2.6.4; you choose which one will be used by setting it as default via the alternatives system:

Code: Select all

su -c 'update-alternatives --config fpc'
on the command line, or with a GUI such as galternatives.

GarryRicketson

#11 Post by GarryRicketson »

This is a tutorial for Lazarus, that may be useful to some people,
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Tutorial