Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LMMS not compiling with VST support.

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Piece_o_Ham

LMMS not compiling with VST support.

#1 Post by Piece_o_Ham »

I did see another topic on this forum regarding VSTs in LMMS, but it didn't solve my problem. I am running using the 64-bit testing branch of debian, which may be causing some of my problems. I tried compiling LMMS myself, but I ran into an issue with wine when it tried to compile RemoteVstPlugin. It seems as though wine didn't install winegcc or any other tools like that. After a while, I did manage to find winegcc and some of the other tools in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/bin. I decided to add some symlinks in /usr/local/bin to point to winegcc, wineg++, winecpp, and winebuild. After that, it seemed to give a different error message, but still failed to compile. It now gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

[ 83%] Generating RemoteVstPlugin
/usr/bin/ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-x86-64 (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/wine/libwinecrt0.a(exe_entry.o)) to format elf32-i386 (RemoteVstPlugin.Azfbf1.o) is not supported
winebuild: /usr/bin/ld failed with status 1
winegcc: winebuild failed
plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/build.make:53: recipe for target 'plugins/vst_base/RemoteVstPlugin' failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/vst_base/RemoteVstPlugin] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7633: recipe for target 'plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:136: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
I may be missing some dependencies because I couldn't run build-dep without removing skype but I don't think that's the problem. I thought the above problem may have something to do with wine, so I was going to try compiling wine to. I ran into problems with that, and ditched that idea. I really don't know what to do anymore. I can't just disable VST support, because that's why I tried to compile LMMS by myself to begin with! Why isn't VST support enabled by default anyways? I really could use some help. Thanks.

stevepusser

Re: LMMS not compiling with VST support.

#2 Post by stevepusser »

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian ... install.27

http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=127 Originally written in the Debian 5.0 era, but still just as true now as then.

To add VST support, you'll need libwine-dev as one of the build-deps. I'm not sure if the 64-bit wine will support VST, though, if not, you need to compile against libwine-dev:i386 and use wine:i386 on 64-bit.
MX Linux packager and developer