Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

build system similar to cPanel, Plesk Panel etc.

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
piotrekt186

build system similar to cPanel, Plesk Panel etc.

#1 Post by piotrekt186 »

I need to build system similar to cPanel, Plesk Panel etc.
Of course could i use one of them but in my case i need to integrate whole process of creating websites with my companies CRM (based on PHP), so i could automatic define new domains with template files based on informations from CRM. For example, one of workers filling out the form in CRM, that one of our client wish to have a website with specific domain and template. Then the system grabs all this data and creating in www directory, catalog named companyname.com, extracts template files, and do server name job. So the rest of the job is only buying domain and pointing to my company server. I would prefer server based on Linux.

Which language / technologies is best to use in this case?
Maybe there are some ready solution which I can program easy in my way?

Thanks for help!

GarryRicketson

Re: build system similar to cPanel, Plesk Panel etc.

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Cpanel mostly uses "perl", but is not open source.
Webmin http://www.webmin.com/ all, or most of the modules I believe are written with perl, the source code is availbale here: https://github.com/webmin/
Which language / technologies is best to use in this case?
That could be a matter of what you are familiar with, and comforatable with, I think most are using perl, but you are also going to need to know a lot about html,php, java, mysql, sql, etc .
I think learning to use a search engine, will also be of much use to you.
As far as the CRM part,
open source CRM there is a lot of info
on that available.