How would I get a build box to build for these platforms?

Need help with C, C++, perl, python, etc?

How would I get a build box to build for these platforms?

Postby sstewartgallus » 2015-07-19 21:50

How would I set up a build box to compile all these platforms?
- arm-linux-androideabi
- arm-linux-gnueabihf
- i686-linux-android
- i686-linux-gnu
- i686-w64-mingw32
- x86_64-linux-gnu
- x86_64-w64-mingw32

I use the following build tools:
- The GNU Compiler Collection (just C99)
- The GNU Binary Utilities
- Autoconf
- Automake
- GNU Make

I rely upon the following packages:
- libcap2
- xcb
- xcb-xkb
- xkbcommon
- xkbcommon-x11
- egl
- glesv2

Is it possible to fetch Debian libraries for architectures that aren't the current one so that I can build and link against them?
I think debootstrap, sbuild, cowbuilder and pbuilder are tools that tackle similar issues but I don't know how to use them.

I think the simplest way to solve the problem would be to use a virtual machine for each architecture but that seems excessive.
sstewartgallus

Re: How would I get a build box to build for these platforms

Postby stevepusser » 2015-07-19 22:08

At least for the architectures that Debian supports, you can cross-compile using this as a guide: http://jodal.no/2015/03/08/building-arm ... -pbuilder/
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Krita 3.3.2.1, Pale Moon 27.6.0, Audacity 2.2.0, mpv 0.27.0, Corebird 1.7.1, Firefox 57.0, SMPlayer 17.11.2
stevepusser

Re: How would I get a build box to build for these platforms

Postby sstewartgallus » 2015-07-19 23:47

Thank you.

That post also seems to suggest that this could be done for any Debian-like and any platform a Debian-like supports.

Also, anyway to do this without using root?

Okay, so using dpkg-depcheck -d I can get a list of build dependencies and using dget I can download all them. I can then manually extract all the archives using ar, tar and xz. After all that, I have a hierarchy of libraries and header files. Is it possible to instruct gcc to use that directory tree?

Neato. I can just use the sysroot option for GCC and redirect everything to go to that directory I setup.

Is there any tool to setup these trees automatically though?

Strange, I can't seem to find a way to use dget for different architectures though.

Ahah, I can just use apt-get download.
sstewartgallus

Return to Programming