Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How would I get a build box to build for these platforms?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
sstewartgallus

How would I get a build box to build for these platforms?

#1 Post by sstewartgallus »

How would I set up a build box to compile all these platforms?
- arm-linux-androideabi
- arm-linux-gnueabihf
- i686-linux-android
- i686-linux-gnu
- i686-w64-mingw32
- x86_64-linux-gnu
- x86_64-w64-mingw32

I use the following build tools:
- The GNU Compiler Collection (just C99)
- The GNU Binary Utilities
- Autoconf
- Automake
- GNU Make

I rely upon the following packages:
- libcap2
- xcb
- xcb-xkb
- xkbcommon
- xkbcommon-x11
- egl
- glesv2

Is it possible to fetch Debian libraries for architectures that aren't the current one so that I can build and link against them?
I think debootstrap, sbuild, cowbuilder and pbuilder are tools that tackle similar issues but I don't know how to use them.

I think the simplest way to solve the problem would be to use a virtual machine for each architecture but that seems excessive.

stevepusser

Re: How would I get a build box to build for these platforms

#2 Post by stevepusser »

At least for the architectures that Debian supports, you can cross-compile using this as a guide: http://jodal.no/2015/03/08/building-arm ... -pbuilder/
MX Linux packager and developer

sstewartgallus

Re: How would I get a build box to build for these platforms

#3 Post by sstewartgallus »

Thank you.

That post also seems to suggest that this could be done for any Debian-like and any platform a Debian-like supports.

Also, anyway to do this without using root?

Okay, so using dpkg-depcheck -d I can get a list of build dependencies and using dget I can download all them. I can then manually extract all the archives using ar, tar and xz. After all that, I have a hierarchy of libraries and header files. Is it possible to instruct gcc to use that directory tree?

Neato. I can just use the sysroot option for GCC and redirect everything to go to that directory I setup.

Is there any tool to setup these trees automatically though?

Strange, I can't seem to find a way to use dget for different architectures though.

Ahah, I can just use apt-get download.