Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Python-TK alloc: invalid block

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Gerowen
XMMP/Jabber: gerowen@conversations.im

Python-TK alloc: invalid block

#1 Post by Gerowen »

Just installed Debian 8 last night and trying to run one a few of my scripts that use easygui (a front-end for python-tk basically) and I keep getting alloc: invalid block any time a file or folder selection dialog is presented. I'm able to select a file/folder with no issues, but once the dialog closes I get a variation of what appears to be a memory error followed by alloc: invalid block.

Anybody else have this problem? Here's one of my scripts that does it. This one pops up a file selection dialog pretty early on to ask for a file to check, and as soon as I select any file the dialog closes and that error appears in the terminal. It happens whether I run it with Python 2 or Python 3. You will need to install python3-easygui for this script to run properly if you want to check for yourself what happens. This is a first time encountering this error for me. I've ran these same scripts for years on various versions of Ubuntu (and I think even older versions of Debian) before without issue.

Gerowen
XMMP/Jabber: gerowen@conversations.im

Re: Python-TK alloc: invalid block

#2 Post by Gerowen »

Forgot to share the link to one of my scripts that exhibits the problem, :P

https://paste.debian.net/312980/