Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cannot install Mono Develop on Debian

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
debianuser3325

Re: Cannot install Mono Develop on Debian

#21 Post by debianuser3325 »

stevepusser wrote:
GNU/Linux is not a free and open source version of Windows; it was never meant to be that. Maybe giving this a read would clear things up.
I admit I've been using Debian and Ubuntu for roughly a year on servers and a few months on desktop, but I've always hated vi and vim. Especially, since it's the default on centos 6.

I had a laugh when that link said it's not unheard of noobs rebooting computers to exit out of vim, hahaha. I've did the same with a centos 6 VM 2 weeks ago. But I've finally managed to search around, then there you go. I for insert, :wq and :q! for saving and exiting.

This part:

Code: Select all

In the Linux world, however, this is not so much the case: Projects frequently start out as one man's toy. He does everything himself, and therefore the interface has no need of any kind of "user friendly" features: The user knows everything there is to know about the software, he doesn't need help. Vi is a good example of software deliberately created for a user who already knows how it works: It's not unheard of for new users to reboot their computers because they couldn't figure out how else to get out of vi.
No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it.

BowCatShot

#22 Post by BowCatShot »

"- and You, Dasein, (aka "The One" - from german) should rethink Your reasons to waste Your time here... "

Right on, bro.

tomazzi

#23 Post by tomazzi »

... since I'm not sure what is the context of Your response, I suggest to watch the latest videos from Boston Dynamics... ;)
Odi profanum vulgus

dasein

#24 Post by dasein »

johnyjj2 wrote:And then solution (in case someone in the future needs it).

Or workaround if you prefer to call it that way. I have just added Debian Wheezy repositories to sources.list...
(Emphasis added)

Not a "solution" to anything. (QED)

You would be wise to remove the Wheezy repos immediately.