Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Anaconda 3.5.1 conda commands not seen in terminal

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
FenrisUltra

Anaconda 3.5.1 conda commands not seen in terminal

#1 Post by FenrisUltra »

Ok, so I had made this post http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=127143 which I thought was solved but wasn't and I discovered something that could be causing that problem so I wanted to make another post as I am unsure if they are the same thing...

In my Xubuntu build...all I have to do is type in conda in the terminal and I can do all kinds of things to it without having to go through spyder. In Debian 8, I installed Anaconda 3.5.1 in the same way but I cannot access any of the conda commands which I think has a part to play in not connecting to spyder properly.

Any ideas?
Last edited by FenrisUltra on 2016-02-22 05:17, edited 1 time in total.

fireExit

Re: Anaconda 3.5.1 conda commands not seen in terminal

#2 Post by fireExit »

the fact that jessie has python 3.4 and not 3.5 (as was mentioned to you before) might have something to do with that?

FenrisUltra

Re: Anaconda 3.5.1 conda commands not seen in terminal

#3 Post by FenrisUltra »

Well, I need Anaconda 3.5.1 to work in Debian 8 because I am working with codes dependent on it's library, is there no way to force Anaconda to work in Spyder 3 at all? I am actually working with python programs that can't function properly with spyder 3.4 alone