Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Using mono 2.0 on debian unstable

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
J V

Using mono 2.0 on debian unstable

#1 Post by J V »

I would like to install the old mono on debian unstable, preferably alongside the new one. Unfortunately, sid only has 4.5 and it conflicts with the 2.0 from stable.

Is there an easy way to get around this or do I need to remove 4.5 completely?

Edit: Never mind, I found this: http://software.opensuse.org/download/p ... e=mono-opt

tomazzi

Re: Using mono 2.0 on debian unstable

#2 Post by tomazzi »

This is impossible even under Winblows -> <to use an old/not supported version of dot.net> - so the question here is: are You dumb? - or are You're going to pretend that You're surprised? That won't work - I can assure You.
First, make Your program working under recent dot-crap-fuckwork, then come here and complain about *not supported* extension in Your proprietary shitware...

...possibly explaining why have You decided to use a proprietary, closed-source framework for writing your trivial program.

? Regards ?

Edit:
I'm just *not* going to support Microshit, which is standing behind the Mono and dot.Net development by answearing to You question here.
Odi profanum vulgus

montagdude

#3 Post by montagdude »

tomazzi wrote: I'm just *not* going to support Microshit, which is standing behind the Mono and dot.Net development by answearing to You question here.
Intentional misspelling?

tomazzi

#4 Post by tomazzi »

I'm really interested to hear Your opinion regarding this case.

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus

montagdude

#5 Post by montagdude »

I was making a joke. I don't have any input on the OP's problem because I've never programmed in .net or mono.