Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Glade + libgtkdatabox

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
den4oman

Glade + libgtkdatabox

#1 Post by den4oman »

So i have this problem that Glade can't load the gtkdatabox widgets.
I have both installed gtk+, gtk+-dev and all of the dependencies.
Ver. Glade - 3.18.3
Ver. libgtkdatabox - 0.9.2-0 ( installed using apt )
I appreciate every help and also suggestions for other libraries similar to this one.

When i start it from terminal it gives me these errors:

Code: Select all

(glade:1932): Gtk-WARNING **: Content added to the action area of a dialog using header bars

(glade:1932): Gtk-WARNING **: Content added to the action area of a dialog using header bars

(glade:1932): GladeUI-CRITICAL **: Catalog databox depends on catalog gtk+,gtkdatabox, not found

(glade:1932): GladeUI-WARNING **: Trying to define class 'GtkDatabox' for parent class 'GtkDrawingArea', but parent class 'GtkDrawingArea' is not registered

(glade:1932): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type 'GtkDataboxRuler' is smaller than the parent type's 'GtkWidget' class size

(glade:1932): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(glade:1932): GladeUI-WARNING **: Could not get the type from "GtkDataboxRuler"

(glade:1932): GladeUI-WARNING **: Failed to load the GType for 'GtkDataboxRuler'

(glade:1932): GladeUI-WARNING **: Tried to include undefined widget class 'GtkDatabox' in a widget group

(glade:1932): GladeUI-WARNING **: Tried to include undefined widget class 'GtkDataboxRuler' in a widget group
GladeUI-Message: 15 missing displayable value for GtkWidget::AtkObject::accessible-role
GladeUI-Message: 1 missing displayable value for GtkButtonBox::layout-style
GladeUI-Message: Glade needs artwork; a default icon will be used for the following classes:
	GtkApplicationWindow	needs an icon named 'widget-gtk-applicationwindow'

stevepusser

Re: Glade + libgtkdatabox

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Have you tried installing libgtkdatabox-0.9.2-0-glade?
MX Linux packager and developer

den4oman

#3 Post by den4oman »

Yes , i did.
Installed everything from this source https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/libgtkdatabox

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

For what it's worth, I installed the Jessie versions of those packages, and don't get those particular databox errors:

Code: Select all

(glade:15096): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory scalable/stock/128 of theme Black-Diamond has no size field

GladeUI-Message: No DevHelp installed on your system, devhelp feature will be disabled.
GladeUI-Message: 15 missing displayable value for GtkWidget::AtkObject::accessible-role

(glade:15096): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory scalable/stock/128 of theme Black-Diamond has no size field

GladeUI-Message: 1 missing displayable value for GtkButtonBox::layout-style
GladeUI-Message: Glade needs artwork; a default icon will be used for the following classes:
	GtkApplicationWindow	needs an icon named 'widget-gtk-applicationwindow'
I have a feeling that Glade is for GTK+ 3, judging by its "modern" monochrome icons and overall look.
MX Linux packager and developer

den4oman

#5 Post by den4oman »

So, you say that libgtkdatabox is for Glade3.8 - gtk+2.x. I'm asking , because i didn't find any information about this.
I've installed Glade3.8 and still can't load the widgets, also there aren't any errors when i'm opening glade 3.8
So when u open Glade, are there the widgets from libgtkdatabox ?