Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

trying to resolve lintian error

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
ricanlinux

trying to resolve lintian error

#1 Post by ricanlinux »

The package luakit comes up with an error when ran against lintian. The error is as follows:

Code: Select all

menu-icon-not-in-xpm-format
I grabbed the luakit.png file and converted it using the following command

Code: Select all

convert laukit.png luakit.xpm
I updated the Makefile and the package built successfully. I looked inside the .deb package and saw that the .xpm icon was there. However I reran the lintian check and I am still seeing the error. What could I be missing?

stevepusser

Re: trying to resolve lintian error

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Where exactly is the xpm file being installed? Is there a desktop file, and is it using the new xpm file for the icon? It would also be nice to know what version of luakit you're talking about, since it's in oldstable and upstream, but not in Jessie.

Edit: I also suggest you look in any /debian/menu file for the problem.
MX Linux packager and developer

ricanlinux

#3 Post by ricanlinux »

debian/menu was the issue. I had another warning indicating I needed to remove it. When I did the fixed it.

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

ricanlinux wrote:debian/menu was the issue. I had another warning indicating I needed to remove it. When I did the fixed it.
Yeah, menu files are deprecated in favor of .desktop files. If luakit isn't appearing in the menu, installing a luakit.desktop file from /debian into /usr/share/applications is the usual method of fixing that. That's if the source doesn't provide one.
MX Linux packager and developer

ricanlinux

#5 Post by ricanlinux »

There was a desktop file so it was an easy fix.