I recently begin studying and learning Java on my own. Now I want to begin learning GUI programming and learn Javafx for this purpose. I intend to design user interfaces with Scene Builder.
The software I have installed on my debian jessie (stable) 8.5 system:
* Eclipse 3.8.1. (no newer version is in the backports)
* openjdk 7 and openjdk 8 (via backports)
* openjfx 8 via backports
I have read that I need e(fx)clipse plugin to use Javafx in Eclipse. However I cannot install it from its website as it (probably) requires latest Eclipse (v4.6). However it is not in the debian stable nor backports repositories.
I also want to use Scene Builder to design Javafx UI. However I can't find it in the repositories. I found a debian deb file on Gluon website. However if I can, I prefer to avoid installing software outside debian repositories.
1. How can I use e(fx)clipse on debian 8.5? What is the proper way?
2. Is it advisable to get Scene Builder from Gluon website or is there a more 'debian' way for this?
3. Do you think I am using / planning to use right tools for my purpose, or would you suggest something else?