Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Looking for event for system time sync with NTP server

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
yogeshg

#1 Post by yogeshg »

To test NTP functionality, we configured Hardware Time (using "hwclock --set --date" command) and System Time (using "date -s" command) 3 minutes ahead of the PC time and start NTP service

After some time we observed system time sync with NTP server. But hardware time not sync with the system time

We are looking for event when system time sync with NTP server, so that we can update the hardware time.

Thanks..

pylkko

Re: Looking for event for system time sync with NTP server

#2 Post by pylkko »

Are you using the slew switch, because syncing can take very long.

What about

Code: Select all

hwclock --systohc --localtime

yogeshg

#3 Post by yogeshg »

Thanks for replay.

We are aware about the NTP sync will take time

We are planning to use " hwclock --systohc" command to sync hardware time

We are looking for an event which will inform the condition "NTP synced system time", basis same firmware will update hardware time.

Other option is to periodically monitor both system and hardware time fro drastic time difference. We want to avoid this overhead on firmware

pylkko

#4 Post by pylkko »

Sorry, you lost me. What firmware are you referring to?

tomazzi

#5 Post by tomazzi »

pylkko wrote:Sorry, you lost me. What firmware are you referring to?
This is about a closed-source system/project, and this guy plays a role of just a lost, unexperienced programmer who is seeking for help - that's why "we" is the most used (pro)noun. His questions are non-official - in the the sense, that his bosses don't have a clue that he is asking those questions here...
...that's the probable case - but there can be alternative explanation(s):
1. This can be a test.
2. This can be a FUD - proving that the *nix systems are so hard to understand and so "poorly" documented.

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus

PredatorW

#6 Post by PredatorW »

How can I remove time codes of a ".srt" file to provide it for print? I want Order of terms in the extracted file to be the same as the original file.