Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Running Arduino EEPROM.get()

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
dearroz

Running Arduino EEPROM.get()

#1 Post by dearroz »

I am running Debian 8 on a laptop and have installed the Arduino IDE via the apt-get install.

I have created a sketch to read an int variable from EEPROM using the EEPROM.get() command. When running under windows the sketch operates correctly but under Debian I get the error message:
error: ‘class EEPROMClass’ has no member named ‘get’.

My thoughts are that the current version of the IDE included with the distribution (2:1.0.5) does not include the up to date EEPROM library. I have read that the IDEs after 1:6+ are suppose to support the get / put subcommands.

Allowing for my lack of understanding, I have not been able to locate where I can download the "EEPROM" library from either Arduino or Github, although I did find "EEPROMex" on Github but it did not have the zip download available. I am not sure about the differences (other than it specifies support for the get and put subcommands) but have concerns about providing the sketch to someone else that would not understand the necessity for the extended library.

Appreciate your guidance.

dasein

Re: Running Arduino EEPROM.get()

#2 Post by dasein »

Your question is not about Debian.

Expertise available elsewhere: https://forum.arduino.cc/

Dai_trying

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

If I understand correctly your question is about the software in the debian repository and whether it is different from the windows version, and if so then it will depend on the actual version numbers and as you stated it is version 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4.1 in Debian at the moment.
The EEPROM library is a base library and should be already included, I noticed that I only have examples for clear, read and write in my IDE, so I cannot say if the get function "get" should work or not. If you could post some example code for testing I will give it a try on one of my boards to check it for you.

pylkko

#4 Post by pylkko »

The Arduino ide on Debian (1.05) is waaaaay out of date and you should not use it. Instead download the 1.8 from Arduino site. This is unfortunate, and normally it is better to use the repo than download random stuff from the Internet, however there are so many things that have been changed, including how the cores and libraries are handled that you should not be using the repo version

Dai_trying

#5 Post by Dai_trying »

How strange that Stretch has such an old version already, it has only just gone "Stable" and I would have expected the version to be a lot newer than this... Oh well I might have to download the latest version from elsewhere too. :)