Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

An issue when moving localhost to livehost.

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
searaoracle

An issue when moving localhost to livehost.

#1 Post by searaoracle »

Hello
Hope anyone can help.
I have a problem in moving PrestaShop 1.6 from localhost to livehost.
I do this steps:
1- compress PrestaShop files to zip file in localhost
2- export PrestaShop database in localhost to an sql file.
3- move my PrestaShop zip file to public HTML in live host via FileZilla
4- extract the zip file in livehost and path is: public_html/all PrestaShop folder and files
5- went to MySQL databases in cpanel and create database prestashop and user and import prestashop.sql that created in localhost. Then add a user to database with all privileges.
When everything is done, I check the site it shows: "Megamenu need to chmod to 755. This hosting may not be compatible with Mega menu" error. This is the Prestashop mega menu module that I use: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic ... nu-module/
What did I do wrong? may I need to change to a new hosting provider?
Thanks and looking for your help
In addition, all other modules work well except this module, it must be a problem of hosting.
Thanks
Last edited by searaoracle on 2017-11-16 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

vinnie

Re: An issue when moving localhost to livehost.

#2 Post by vinnie »

Doesn't the error message just suggest you need to change the permissions of the files to 755?

I.e. in step 4 where you extract the files to public_html/all, it is probably extracting it with default permissions 777. Generally 777 is not something you wan't on a web server since that provides Read + Write + Execute permissions for Owner, Group and All, however 755 will provide Read + Write + Execute permissions for Owner, but only Read and Execute permissions for Group and All. If the plugin is clever it may check the default file permissions to promote security.

In CPanel, you should be able to to use the File Manager to change the permissions of the files to 755 instead of what ever it is. (You just have to click on the number in the Permissions column and type in 755.)