Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Java question

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
jalisco

Java question

#1 Post by jalisco »

I don't see a lot of java questions here, but I will ask two.

1. if this is not appropriate question location, can someone recommend a good java forum, where I can ask basic questions?

2. my question: I am trying to do something that should be very simple, which is have a ball (only on the x-axis) roll between two points. When it reaches the end, it simply goes the other way, back and forth it goes.

I can easily get it to go right or left, and stop at the end.

But, coding it to run continually is proving to be problematic for me. Any hints?

jalisco

Re: Java question

#2 Post by jalisco »

2. Can ignore the question, while not important, just shelved it and moved on to other stuff. =) Just tried to learn something, will let it flow through my head.

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

can someone recommend a good java forum
I am not going to recommend or promote any particular one, but there are plenty listed, you would just need to look at some and decide for your self which one is "good", in your opinion or for your needs.
I can easily get it to go right or left, and stop at the end.
If you had taken the time to at least show what you have done so far ,and maybe even your actual script, some one might be able to clarify better, but it is really simple logic, just use a loop, so it repeats over and over.

Make a java script loop over and over
But, coding it to run continually is proving to be problematic for me.
Again, show what you really have done, and tried, if anything. Is this some kind of homework assignment ?
Any hints?
You don't really even need java to do this. Just make a gif animation, and the same, use the loop option, and it will repeat it'self endlessly or X number of times, if specified.
Something like this maybe : Image

jalisco

#4 Post by jalisco »

Thanks for the help.

I will try it out.