Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

qt creator installation

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
rrrrrr

qt creator installation

#1 Post by rrrrrr »

Hi,

I have installed qt creator by going to synaptic package manager and selecting the qt creator package. The qt creator package and other packages that the package manager selected were installed. The problem is I can't get qt creator to work. When i set a qt creator version a message states that qt creator was not installed correctly. Does anyone know if there are packages that I have not installed.

ruwolf

Re: qt creator installation

#2 Post by ruwolf »

Hello rrrrrr :)

I do not understand.
Where do you set Qt Creator version?
I am not Qt Master, but for me, it seems, that there is only 1 standard version of this package in Debian.

BTW, in directory /var/log/apt there should be files with names like term.log, term.log.1.gz, where you can see messages produced during installation.
If there was any error, it should be written there, in my opinion, because Synaptic uses APT.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: qt creator installation

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

rrrrrr wrote:When i set a qt creator version a message states that qt creator was not installed correctly
Would it be possible to post the exact error message?

You could try

Code: Select all

# apt install --reinstall --option APT::Install-Recommends=true qtcreator
You could also try the --install-suggests flag but that results in 15.2GiB of additional disk space being used in my (non-Qt) buster box :o
deadbang