Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LibreOffice macros

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
enigma158an201

LibreOffice macros

#1 Post by enigma158an201 »

Hello,

I have written some macros on LibreOffice v6 under Windows version (i'm not very proud of that), and i would need some help to import these macros module in a Linux debian or mint version of libre Office

Does someone Can lead me to a good tutorial or give some support for a good way to import some modules?
i already found some .xba files in my libreoffice user data that leads to C:\Users\<my user>\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\basic\Standard
there is one file for each module i wrote, and one extra script.xlb that was saved in the same time

t thought that it would be enough to make a copy of these files in the corresponding folder in a linux version /home/<my user>/.config/libreoffice/4/user
-> it did not work

not to have more suprises, i made a backup of the user folder, and it seems there is also .pack files
i wil try import all .xba and .pack files
-> it did not work

i hope there is a easier way than copy and paste the script text code by creating new modules? like importing .bas files?

Nota: i'm not sure to have post this in the right subject, please be kind cause i'm a new user
Nota2: i did not succeed in consulting LibreOffice forum (seems an https problem?)
Nota3: these macros are "translated" macros from vba Excel 2007 that means i wont use this ms script again under Windows
Thx in advance
there's no smoke without fire
asus ROG GL553VD with debian stable

ruwolf

Re: LibreOffice macros

#2 Post by ruwolf »

Does this official documentation not help you?

What does it write during your trying of importing? And how is your “it did not work” manifested/demonstrated?

What does “translated” macros mean exactly? How were they “translated”? And from what to which?