Tooltip Popup Window?

Need help with C, C++, perl, python, etc?

Tooltip Popup Window?

Postby Blyiss » 2007-04-23 16:24

On the web like this page, I saw a lot of nice tooltips that act as popup windows. Can anybody point out the direction where I can find a howto about making them?
Blyiss

Postby Xylock » 2007-04-23 16:29

If you're referring to the link pop-ups, from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element

I got this. Not quite sure if its what you want though...

<a href="URL" title="additional information">link text</a>

In most graphical browsers, when the cursor hovers over the link, the cursor typically changes into a hand with a stretched index finger and the additional information pops up, not in a regular window, but in a special "hover box", usually similar to a Tooltip, which disappears when the cursor is moved away. Some browsers render alt text the same way, though this is technically incorrect.
Alternatively (and sometimes concurrently), the element becomes an anchor with the name attribute set, which preceded by a number sign '#', and appended to the URL, acts as a link target (a "document fragment"), typically causing a Web browser to scroll directly to that point of the page. Any element can be made into an anchor by using the id attribute,[5] so using <a name="foo"> is not necessary.
See also:link
Using rm -rvf * to remove old backups... lazy.
Realising you were in / as root ... priceless.
Xylock

Postby Blyiss » 2007-04-23 16:41

Thanks for the reply, but I mean a different thing. I know how to make javascript popup windows and javascript tooltips. But a tooltip as a popup window is something nicer because you can put into it a picture or nice buttons or some links. But it is a tooltip. A window popup when you place your cursor over some element. In the exampleI gave those elemens look like links/anchors. Find "WebServer description" and try the links.
Blyiss

Return to Programming