Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] How do you set a password environment?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
bester69

[Solved] How do you set a password environment?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
How do you set a password environment param?, do you have to unset it just after using so not giving enought time for anyone to track it?

I would do it like this.,,tell me please, If Im doing wrong or can be done in some better way.. :roll: , thanks.
(secrets.sh script picks a password from a secrets file)

Code: Select all

export RCLONE_CONFIG_PASS=$(sudo /home/user/scripts/secrets.sh XXYY6)
rclone  sync source/ target/ &
sleep 1 && unset RCLONE_CONFIG_PASS
while  ! -z $(pgrep -f /bin/rclone); do; sleep 1 && echo "wait for rclone task" ; done;
Whith that code we only give one second to exposing the password... How do you usually do this?
Last edited by bester69 on 2020-05-22 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: How do you set a password environment?

#2 Post by bester69 »

ok, perhaps this!!, doesnt seem to be an easy way but this:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ll-scripts
There's a way to store passwords in a bash script but you have to encrypt and obfuscate the script so that no one can actually read it or run any type of debugger on it to see exactly what it is doing.
I wonder what linux apps do we have to make it easy and create to binary:roll:

:arrow: >> shc
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...