Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Python binding and Makefile.am

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
zaf

Python binding and Makefile.am

#1 Post by zaf »

Hi,
I'm currently working on a debian package and here's what's going on :
The package creates a lib.so file from a lib.cc file. there's a Makefile.am file that tells the package to install this lib.so file in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/.
Now I know for a fact that this package work with python 2.4 as well as with python2.3 and it'll probably work with 2.5 too.
However I would like the package to install the lib in the correct directory depending on the version of python.
In other words I want to be able to import the lib module whether I'm using python2.3 or python2.4 or an other version.
Is there a way in the Makefile.am to detect the python version and select the right directory. Or is it possible to conditionaly compile it depending on the version on the system.
I'm not sure any of this is clear so if you need precisions just let me know.
Thanks