Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian, Ruby on Rails and Apache2

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
finalzero

Debian, Ruby on Rails and Apache2

#1 Post by finalzero »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has tried to get Ruby on Rails working on Debian 3.1.

I checked out the website www.rubyonrails.org and followed some of the various guides on there to get Ruby on Rails to work - so far so good however when I tried to get Ruby on Rails to use Apache2 all hell broke lose eventually to the point that Apache2 was well and truely broken ;)

I would appreciated any tips/tricks/guides on how to get the damn Ruby on Rails framework up and running so I can actually code something useful besides a hello world test page!

Cheers,

FZ
Revolutions are exciting... but they leave many dead bodies

broberts

Rails + Sarge installation

#2 Post by broberts »

I found this article that explains everything needed to get Rails working on Sarge.

Unfortunately it didn't work out well for me, however I think it's specific to my machine. (any site that I try to develop using rails redirects to my tomcat dir). I'm going to try and get this issue sorted out, but once again I think this article will do exactly what you want, assuming you don't have some messed up tomcat config like I have.

http://inlet-media.de/the-perfect-ruby- ... bian-sarge