Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

suggested open-sorce methods for dynamic web content?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
bezdomny

suggested open-sorce methods for dynamic web content?

#1 Post by bezdomny »

I would like to publish dynamic online calendars and staff biographies for a non-profit and would like to know of an open-source program or scripting language I can use. What I have in mind is maintaining this information in text files or spreadsheets or databases on the server I could update and, the server would then automatically generate the updates into HTML pages on-the-fly. If my organization's host includes PHP, would that be the way to go? I'm looking for an open-source solution so this can be done at no cost to my non-profit client. Am I barking up the right tree? Any other suggestions? Thank you! :)

Velvet Elvis

#2 Post by Velvet Elvis »

Most CMS packages will let you do all of that. The drupal package in testing works flawlessly in stable.

If that's too advanced you might want to have a look at Joomla, which is not in debian but very easy to use.

You might also want to consider various wiki packages.

There are working demos of a lot of php based packages here:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Or, you could learn php and script it yourself.