Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Tomcat & Apache2

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
broberts

Tomcat & Apache2

#1 Post by broberts »

Not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this (ie. it's not really programming), but I didn't see an exact forum for this kind of config.

I've installed apache2 and tomcat4 with mod_jk2. Currently, when I access any jsp page within any apache2 virtualhost, it forwards to the /var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT directory. What I was hoping is that I could get Tomcat and Apache to use my current apache virtualhosts and just allow tomcat to serve the JSP pages within each hosts directory (ie have a separate WEB-INF folder for each host) RATHER than have any page redirect to the tomcat dir... How does one host multiple sites with java capabilites?? All I can think of right now is to have multiple directories within the /var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT dir, and have the virtualhost point to that. This is rather annoying and very unorganized! :x