Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Please recommend a Perl code editor

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.

Please recommend a Perl code editor

#1 Post by Guest »

Hi!
About Perl: since deeply involved in Linux scripts, I intend to get some practice in the field. I'm not a programmer (and most likely I will never be) but have got some common experience in Pascal, C, and a litle more practice in LaTeX (a typesetting language). So I'm looking for a code editor to help me in writing (Perl) code. I would prefer lightweight editors (rather than giants such as Vi or Emacs) with convenient access to tools such as find and replace, mark, copy, paste, automatic indentation. Particular Perl customization would be great. Please do recommend by your own experience and preferences!
Grateful thanks!

__mutex__

perl editor

#2 Post by __mutex__ »

1) komodo editor (http://activestate.com) super-duper-ultra editor,but you have to pay... :-))
2) Eclipse - free and not bad at all...