Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I want to learn a programming language

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
manuhack

#46 Post by manuhack »

ramack wrote:Although it's not a "language" as much as an environment, MATLAB is applicable to your engineering studies. There are are open source programs that are out there that are MATLAB clone such as SciLAB that are useful as well.

Good luck in your studies, which area of engineering are you going to study. Classes have probably started by now.....
AFAIK octave is more a Matlab clone than Scilab.

ramack

Re: I want to learn a programming language

#47 Post by ramack »

Agreed. After reading my post, I see that I should have stated Octave and not SciLab. I've corrected that statement. SciLab is Python based which is useful but not really comparable to Octave. At the time of posting I got those two switched. The date stamp was almost 11 years ago, long days, long nights and I was using MATLAB, Octave and SciLab. A brain flatulence, ha.
homemade AMD64, Acer AspireOne 150, Asus eeePC 900, i386; Testing
i386,Dell Vostro 1000 AMD64, Dell Inspiron 1100; Sid
XFCE on all.

pylkko

#48 Post by pylkko »

What's up with these decade old necros? like zombie attack or sometihng?

jalisco

#49 Post by jalisco »

pylkko wrote:What's up with these decade old necros? like zombie attack or sometihng?
These questions about "what programming language should I learn" are like the zombie apocalypse, they don't die, they just multiple.