Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

kommander questions

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
ish_ish

kommander questions

#1 Post by ish_ish »

Hi,
I'm trying to develop a simple GUI using Kommander. I've read some tutorials, but couldn't understand a few simple things:
1. What do I do when I want several windows to communicate with each other? I mean, clicking a button on one window should bring the second window. How do make it happen?
2. A stupid question - it says that I should use the Kommander Text editor in order to add functionality to the widgets I place on the form and simply write a regular script that does what I want. I couldn't make it work - for example, I want a button that once clicked opens an existing text file. How do I do it?
3. How can I run the application not from the Kommander? That is, I would like to create an icon that runs the application (I assume it's impossible, but maybe I'm wrong)

Thanks for your help...