Java Options

Need help with C, C++, perl, python, etc?

Java Options

Postby anyedge » 2006-10-28 04:50

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere, but I have a question about the java options available to Debian Sarge. I know of Sun's implementation, but I want to try one of the free codecs. From what I understand from some of the other posts, both kaffe and gij both due not have full support for all(or maybe most) of the java applications available. However, no one has mentioned sablevm. Is this one better or worse than the other two? How does it compare to Sun's implementation? As a recent debianite and free software advocate, I would love to learn as much as I can about the differences b/w these apps so I can make the best choice(even though I'm sure most people are going to tell me Sun would be the best choice :wink: ). Anyway, thanks in advance!
anyedge

Postby xmux » 2006-11-15 23:03

Like u said the Sun will be the best CHOICE because now like it was before it is FREE and up Monday it is OPEN SOURCE.. so what it means, it means u can chance the the compiler how you want... and JAVA 6 will work much faster than the 5 one. and plus the swing classes will look like in windows so it means better , faster and OPEN SOURCE :)
Welcome to Jungle!
xmux

Postby ajdlinux » 2006-11-16 06:37

Not quite fully free yet, but it will be soon :)

We're still waiting for the *rather important* class libraries...
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au
ajdlinux

Return to Programming