Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Setting up SMTP without forwarding on

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
keyser_soze

Setting up SMTP without forwarding on

#1 Post by keyser_soze »

I have some PHP code that I am testing that generates emails. I have set up exim4 (by default on sarge) and told it 'local delivery only; not on a network'.

This works fine as I can examine the emails that are produced without them being sent to the real users.

I now have a windows box with ASP code that also generates emails. I would like to have the windows box use the debian box for SMTP so that I can again examine the emails that are produced without them being set to the real users.

I looked at the ports being monitored and saw that exim was only binding to localhost:25. I removed the 127.0.0.1 from the /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf. Now I see that exim4 is bound to 0.0.0.0:25 which is what I think I want.

From the Windows box, I set the Debian box to be the SMTP host (usng THunderbird). I can send email to the Debian box if the user exists on that box. However, I would like exim4 to accept all mail, even for users that it does not have. How can I do this?

Remember that my goal here is to be able to examine all mail that is sent to the SMTP server, in order to debug my code. (ASP on WIndows and PHP on Debian). If there is a better way, please let me know.

-Eric