Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
llivv

#1 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

ComputerBob

#2 Post by ComputerBob »

Good story! Thanks for sharing it! Wow, one year! The day after tomorrow will be my one-MONTH anniversary with Debian, and just about everything you mentioned that you've done was way over my head. :lol:

I feel like "the new kid" in a highly prestigious school -- happy to be here, and very happy that the "upperclass" students aren't hazing me. :wink:
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic (TM)
ComputerBob.com - Nearly 6,000 Posts and 23 Million Views
My Massive Stroke
Help! (off-topic)

ajdlinux

#3 Post by ajdlinux »

In many ways your story was like mine when I first started using GNU/Linux, except less weird *nixes and slightly less breakage :) I've used Mandrake, Red Hat (albeit briefly...), Knoppix, Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo, and probably others. Like many I had X troubles, network troubles, etc., but it's all good in the end :)
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

Silenus

#4 Post by Silenus »

For me it was knoppix for a year or so on live cds, then various other live distros. Finally moving up to Debian, then Ubuntu(ew), and back to debian. :)
Send all complaints to /dev/null

vpsville

#5 Post by vpsville »

Debian support is top notch in the internet community. That with the most stable distribution makes Debian a no-brainer.
VPSVille
Canadian VPS Hosting
www.vpsville.ca