News and discussion about development of the Debian OS itself

Postby Hadret » 2008-02-02 22:28

Few thoughts while I was using Swiftweasel 3.0b2. It's stable, I like new Location Bar (almighty, yep?), new Bookmarks etc. MouseGestures are working fine and so are Greasemonkey, NoScript and AdBlockPlus. What I'm missing is Tangerine theme (the one from Garrett's server is designed to work with 3.0a1 [yes, I edited file install.rdf, but installed skin looked like s...]), GoogleReader notification (Watcher extension for example) and del.icio.us integration. Rest, as for me, is working fine (:
Hadret

Postby eyelid » 2008-02-08 05:29

Telemachus wrote:Minefield - not the world's most encouraging name for a piece of software. Funny, though.

How about archlinux "Core Dump". Also rather unencouraging.
eyelid

Postby eyelid » 2008-02-08 05:38

I did a FF-3.02b from source with ./configure --prefix=/home/opt so that my Iceweasel-2 is safe from clobber.
The FF-3.02b is lightning fast (prelinked), I really like it. It's now my default browser on Sid.
eyelid

Postby tekrotzen » 2008-02-13 18:49

Hadret wrote:del.icio.us integration.

When I tried, modifying the del.icio.us plugin install.rdf seemed to do the trick, the extension was working fine!

The only reason I removed firefox 3 was that totem-mozilla wasn't working with it.
mozilla-mplayer was ok, by required me to switch to mplayer, or install it even if I didn't plan to use it.
And if I wanted to remove Iceweasel, I had to modify mozilla-mplayer's dependencies by hand, cause it was requiring galeon, iceweasel or some other browser to be installed... but firefox wasn't part of the list.

Little problems, in fact, but as I don't REALLY need firefox 3, I'm just going to stick with Iceweasel, and wait for an official release.

By the way, I can't find any info about Iceweasel 3:
I can't believe nobody started to discuss the consequences of BreakPad's introduction, for example.

Did I miss something?
tekrotzen

Previous

Return to Debian Development