Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
llivv

#1 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

llivv

#2 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Telemachus

#3 Post by Telemachus »

Minefield - not the world's most encouraging name for a piece of software. Funny, though.

llivv

#4 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Hadret

#5 Post by Hadret »

Is there x86_64 version around somewhere? ;)
Also, Swiftfox looks like it's based on the bleeding edge of Firefox? (:

AdeBe

#6 Post by AdeBe »

Swiftweasel: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=195473
is optimised version of FF which is also open :D
KDE and silence I'll kill you! ;-)

Hadret

#7 Post by Hadret »

AdeBe wrote:Swiftweasel: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=195473
is optimised version of FF which is also open :D
Oh! And there's even athlon64 (64-bit) version! Thank You! :)

llivv

#8 Post by llivv »

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

llivv

#9 Post by llivv »

opsss
I still had minefield running in another desktop while posting about swiftfox above.

After closing the running minefield, swiftfox looks fully operational and branded as swiftfox as well.

At least everything I posted above as not working, is working fine now .

This makes sense too, because whenever I've tried to open a second instance of iceweasel from the wm menu it just adds another tab to the instance of iceweasel already running.
Whereas Opera and Netscape will open a second instance of the application.

Hadret

#10 Post by Hadret »

Swiftfox doesn't look very well in my Debian - I have no idea why. Swiftweasel looks and works just fine. I'm missing few extensions, mouse gestures the most :(

Jackiebrown

#11 Post by Jackiebrown »

Hadret wrote:Swiftfox doesn't look very well in my Debian - I have no idea why. Swiftweasel looks and works just fine. I'm missing few extensions, mouse gestures the most :(
If you are refering to firefox 3 (in regards to the mouse guestures) you can try http://www.mousegestures.org/

garrincha

Re: firefox 3

#12 Post by garrincha »

Installing Firefox 3 Beta 2

Please note that installing Firefox 3 Beta 2 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox. You won't lose any of your bookmarks or browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available.
:lol:
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

Hadret

#13 Post by Hadret »

garrincha wrote::lol:
Well, if You're using Swiftfox/Swiftweasel installation, than this won't happen. If You'll be careful enough and launch Firefox 3b2 with --profilemanager and create new account especially for this version (for tests for example), than this won't happen neither (:

garrincha

#14 Post by garrincha »

Hadret wrote:
garrincha wrote::lol:
Well, if You're using Swiftfox/Swiftweasel installation, than this won't happen. If You'll be careful enough and launch Firefox 3b2 with --profilemanager and create new account especially for this version (for tests for example), than this won't happen neither (:
Yeah this is true. just that there need to be a disclaimer for a few ignorant people who will probably dive in head first only to come out bawling that it messed up their default Iceweasel/Firefox 2.0+ configurations.

Swiftweasel, huh? :lol: Never knew that.
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

Hadret

#15 Post by Hadret »

Jackiebrown wrote:If you are refering to firefox 3 (in regards to the mouse guestures) you can try http://www.mousegestures.org/
Thank you, works flawlessly (:
garrincha wrote:Yeah this is true. just that there need to be a disclaimer for a few ignorant people who will probably dive in head first only to come out bawling that it messed up their default Iceweasel/Firefox 2.0+ configurations.
I believe there is disclaimer, it can be found on Mozilla Links for example:
Beta 2 is not recommended for general consumption but for developers and enthusiasts. If you want to try it, I’d suggest backing up your profile folder before installing it just to be 100% safe.
Basically, every testing Firefox isn't "recommended" for "normal users", so Mozilla always can say: "ha, didn't we warn ya?" (:
garrincha wrote:Swiftweasel, huh? :lol: Never knew that.
Me either, but it works just fine and it didn't argue with pre-installed Iceweasel (:

Hadret

#16 Post by Hadret »

Few thoughts while I was using Swiftweasel 3.0b2. It's stable, I like new Location Bar (almighty, yep?), new Bookmarks etc. MouseGestures are working fine and so are Greasemonkey, NoScript and AdBlockPlus. What I'm missing is Tangerine theme (the one from Garrett's server is designed to work with 3.0a1 [yes, I edited file install.rdf, but installed skin looked like s...]), GoogleReader notification (Watcher extension for example) and del.icio.us integration. Rest, as for me, is working fine (:

eyelid

#17 Post by eyelid »

Telemachus wrote:Minefield - not the world's most encouraging name for a piece of software. Funny, though.
How about archlinux "Core Dump". Also rather unencouraging.

eyelid

#18 Post by eyelid »

I did a FF-3.02b from source with ./configure --prefix=/home/opt so that my Iceweasel-2 is safe from clobber.
The FF-3.02b is lightning fast (prelinked), I really like it. It's now my default browser on Sid.

tekrotzen

#19 Post by tekrotzen »

Hadret wrote:del.icio.us integration.
When I tried, modifying the del.icio.us plugin install.rdf seemed to do the trick, the extension was working fine!

The only reason I removed firefox 3 was that totem-mozilla wasn't working with it.
mozilla-mplayer was ok, by required me to switch to mplayer, or install it even if I didn't plan to use it.
And if I wanted to remove Iceweasel, I had to modify mozilla-mplayer's dependencies by hand, cause it was requiring galeon, iceweasel or some other browser to be installed... but firefox wasn't part of the list.

Little problems, in fact, but as I don't REALLY need firefox 3, I'm just going to stick with Iceweasel, and wait for an official release.

By the way, I can't find any info about Iceweasel 3:
I can't believe nobody started to discuss the consequences of BreakPad's introduction, for example.

Did I miss something?